Wednesday, January 19, 2011

[INT] 091117 Yoseob's 10ASIA interview (An old 1)


Yoon Heesung (nine@10asia.co.kr)

My name is Yang Yoseub.

I was born on January 5, 1990.

I have one older sister. You can think of her as me but with a smaller face, smaller body, and long hair. The truth is that my mom and dad look similar too. If the four of us stand together, even from far away people say, “Oh, they’re a family!”

I first started practicing singing after I listened to Brian McKnight’s music. After that, I listened to a lot of music of a similar style, but I thought about it and realized that I couldn’t be biased towards certain music. So I also started listening to dance music and rock.

I was in a band when I was in high school. At that time, we performed a lot of hard rock and metal, but the truth is that I wanted to try modern rock. But my sunbaes said that it would ruin the mood and forbade it. Even now, modern rock is a genre that personally, I really want to try.

Originally, I'm artistically or musically talented because I take after my dad. I couldn’t dance. Because I’ve practiced, I’ve reached this level with difficulty. (Doojoon: Yoseub learns the fastest now. Junhyung: He can even make choreography by himself.)

My hairstyle changed dramatically, but I think it was a successful transformation, so I like it. It’s to the point where the members look at old pictures of me with black hair and think I look weird. They keep telling me to bleach it, but it’s a bit sad. Since I’m Asian, black hair keeps growing…

On KBS <Star Golden Bell>, the PD said I looked like a shi tzu, and my mom was really happy when she saw that episode. Since I received one more camera shot. She complimented me on tying my hair.

Honestly, my manly/sexy side is disappearing, and I used to not like being called cute. I would just throw on clothes to wear carelessly, and I couldn’t act silly. But now that’s become a part of my color, so I accept it, and I even mess around more enthusiastically.

Maybe it’s because started filming videos a long time ago, but when people ask me to perform, instead of being embarrassed I try to make something good out of it. Even in front of a blue screen, I’m not embarrassed. If you type in “Yang Yoseub” in a search engine, a lot of videos come out. Look them up when you’re bored!

When Dongwoon is only with us, he’s really fun, to the point where at first, MTV <B2ST> PD said that Dongwoon and I had the biggest chance to succeed in entertainment. But as soon as the camera gets in his face, he’s not fun anymore. So he’s slowly becoming more awkward, his screen time is shrinking, and the kid seems like he’s going to develop a speech impediment, plus he’s aging more and more. Hahaha.

Doojoon has a strong sense of responsibility, and even if something is taken care of, he has to check the process himself before he’s satisfied. So if Doojoon wasn’t here [in BEAST] we probably wouldn’t have been able to do interviews, music programs, anything. You see, Doojoon wakes up first and wakes up all the other members.

At home, the members like to play games like “Winning Eleven,” but at those times, everyone’s desire to win is no joke. Kikwang kept saying that he would cancel the patbingsoo debt he owed Doojoon after he lost a bet, but eventually he had to buy patbingsoo for everyone in the house. At that time, I think he used more than 20,000 won? (approx. $20 ish) Hahaha.


CREDITS: 10asia (SOURCE); illuminate.@b2strising (TRANS)

No comments:

Post a Comment