Monday, June 20, 2011

110617 BEAST No. 1 sweeper "Here we come Asia"


They debuted a year and 8 months ago. BEAST has released 4 mini-albums and a full album and they became one of Korea’s greatest male idol group. The first full album ‘Fiction and Fact’ hits 90000 sells (according to Hanteo Aggregate System) and the tittle song ‘Fiction’ ranked first in every broadcasting music program.

After wrapping-up their album promotion they are set to Japan on the 21st, while still in their promotional activities, we met up with BEAST at Yeouido, Yeondeungpo-gu in Seoul’s Marriott Hotel on the noon of the 17th.

‘Fiction is not a hook song, it’s a hit song that will climb it’s way up’

Lee Kikwang said "Like the weather that’s getting warmer, that is the feeling of the lyrics in ‘Fiction’ so we were worried about our activities" "But anyway, there are a lot of people who gives a lot of love and we are grateful" reminiscing their luck. In October of 2009, BEAST starts with ‘Bad Girl’ and continuously evolving with ‘Shock’, ‘Breath’ and ‘Beautiful’. Their fanclub is estimated to have 200000 B2UTYS. BEAST said "The number of fans are increasing but through our activities we get the ‘I love you the more popular you become’ feel".

One of the BEAST member who helped through the songs in the first album is Yong Junhyung. The 5th track ‘Freeze’ is one of the work of Yong Junhyung in his studying of composing. It is more meaningful since Yong Junhyung wrote it himself. "When an unknown rapper wrote the lyrics, we become too pride and they might get wounded" "I started doing activities with undergrounds and made friends with the underground rappers". Yong Junhyung also added "While the other members have their own personal activities, I was working at the recording studio, day and night" "I want to show something more than a fresh performance from this album".

“At first, the song was first heard by the CEO (Hong Seuhong, representative of Cube Entertainment) and his reaction was ‘What is this’. I panicked. Later Shinsadong Tiger hyung said ‘I have received a lot of reactions like that before’ and also added ‘Foolish people die, don’t panic’. I am determined to get my songs on the album, so the recordings, I’ve been doing my own directing. I don’t want the other members to bother me so I told them ‘Don’t bother me, I want some peace’. And so I got that peace."

Yong Junhyung pointed that he wants to work with FT Island singer, Lee Hongki. They want to see the combination of the band’s music. Yong Junhyung with Super Junior Kim Heechul, Supreme Team Simon D (SamD), FT Island Lee Hongki and Choi Jonghun sometimes together went for the ‘Chocoball’ social gathering.

BEAST’s earning principles are ‘to divide equally among the six’ but Yong Junhyung’s is separated from the rest. He said “The income is different every month. I set aside some money neatly for my parents. Firstly, I want to own my own recording studio and the money I get, I plan to buy a house for my parents. Maknae Son Dongwoon added “I want to buy my dad a new car” with a smile.

Son Dongwoon said “We are very busy with activities and whenever times got hard, I always think that ‘I have to be a good singer’” “If given a break, I want to go to on a one-week vacation to Jeju Island”.

‘This song is so BEAST!’ they want the song that represents them to become a hit.

Musical <Gwanghamun Sonata>, KBS 2TV <Immortal Song 2-Legends Sings> of <Free Saturday Declaration> which where Yang Yoseob has performed and he's already gaining a lot of fans. At the fansign, his fans varies from 10-year-old elementary students to mothers.

Yang Yoseob said “To sing an arrangement like that is the first for me in <Immortal Song 2>” “(When I quit) I was kind of in the dark, but Shim Subong and Buhwal senior gave me good lessons”. Other members said “Even in <Immortal Song 2> he always reminded himself he’s a singer, not an idol from a 6 member group” “I wouldn’t do it if I were you”

BEAST is going to Japan next week and will perform in Fuji TV music program ‘HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP!’ They will also appear in Asahi TV’s ‘Music Station’. Incoming August, together with label mate 4minute and G.NA, they will held the ‘UNITED CUBE’ concert. Often appear in sitcoms and dramas, Lee Kikwang, who before has done a solo album, said “BEAST is better as 6” and “No one knows what’s going to happen in the future but now we have to focus on our current activities as a team”.

Final words from BEAST “Our songs and dances are easy to follow and understand” and added “Our goal is to make our songs more known as it represents us”.

Meanwhile words from the official agency <Oh My News> “BEAST ‘United Cube’ plans to go to Japan, Singapore and around Asia but considering to United Kingdom and Brazil since a lot of requests are coming in” also added “They are receiving good response”.

CREDITS: NATE (SOURCE); zapsaple@B2ST RISING (TRANS)

No comments:

Post a Comment