Tuesday, April 7, 2015

[INTERVIEW] 141023 CanCam Magazine


BEAST’s LOVE TALK

Kikwang
Q1. On your first date, where would you like to go to eat?
A. Of course at a nice restaurant!
Q2. If you were heartbroken, how will you divert your attention off that feeling?
A. When you’ve come to like someone, isn’t that your fate with that person? When you go through a heart break, it means that your fate with that person is broken so I think it wouldn’t be easy to get over it.
Q3. What winter fashion do you think is pretty on a lady?
A. I will explain this in details (laughs). Leggings, a slightly long turtleneck and loafers for shoes. I like a ladylike, cute style♥

Dongwoon
Q1. When dating are you a romanticist? Or a realist?
A. Romanticist! Whether it be her birthday or an anniversary, I want to sing her a song while playing on the piano♥ Although I’ve never tried it before..(laughs).
Q2. If you’re dating, are you the devoted type?
A. I’m the type to concentrate on my work so I don’t think I’m the type to be (fully) devoted.. I’m sorry (laughs).
Q3. What BEAST song would you sing to the lady you like?
A.’How to Love’. It is a song that includes everything I want to say with respect to dating. The lyrics are really good.

Doojoon
Q1. If you’re dating, are you the devoted type?
A. If I’m always contacting her from the start, she would get used to it so when I don’t contact her as much, wouldn’t she think that I have had a change of heart? I definitely did not lose my interest so… From the start, I’m not too devoted (laughs).
Q2. What winter fashion do you think is pretty on a lady?
A. If she’s my girlfriend, then pants; other than that, a skirt! This is a man’s true heart (laughs).
Q3. If you were heartbroken, how will you divert your attention off that feeling?
A. If a good thing like that exists, please let me know (laughs). There’s nothing else you can do except to give yourself time, isn’t it.

Yoseob
Q1. The moment when you’re deluded into thinking “Ah this person seems to like me”? 
A. When naturally, the person places her hand on my shoulder, when she plays around and jokes around! CanCam readers~! When you do this, men become deluded so please be careful! (laughs)
Q2. When dating are you a romanticist? Or a realist?
A. A realist! I’m a man who only (knows how to) work (laughs).
Q3. What BEAST song would you sing to the lady you like?
A.’Dream Girl’. I can sing that the best so I have confidence in it!

Hyunseung
Q1. If you’re dating, are you the devoted type?
A. At first I’m like that but after she gets used to it, I’m not… I’m the type that would get women the most exasperated/angry right? (laughs)
Q2. When dating are you a romanticist? Or a realist?
A. I’m close to a realist but if I’m completely a realist, wouldn’t my girlfriend get bored? Therefore, I’m half-half (laughs)
Q3. What BEAST song would you sing to the lady you like?
A. ‘It’s A Beautiful Night’. It’s a song where you can express the feelings of liking each other.

Junhyung
Q1. When dating are you a romanticist? Or a realist?
A. Saying this through my own mouth is a little.. I’m a romanticist (laughs). I like giving my girlfriend things or surprises. If you really knew that side of me, I would definitely be more popular among the ladies~ (laughs).
Q2. If you were heartbroken, how will you divert your attention off that feeling?
A. I’m the type to have severe aftereffects of being heart broken (laughs). Even if I give myself time, it doesn’t work so I’m always just tormented by that. So I put those tormented feelings into songs!
Q3. If you’re dating, are you the devoted type?
A. Devoted! Every day when I think of my girlfriend, I would call her (laughs).



What artist BEAST is saying about the work they’ve done up till now….

CanCam (CC): It’s been 5 years since debut. If you look back, what was the turning point for BEAST?
Kikwang: Um~. Seems like our debut. The fluttering feeling when the 6 people stood on stage as BEAST.
Doojoon: For me, our promotion period in 2010 for Mystery. After debut, for the first time we faced a huge wall and it was then that I felt how high the wall was (note: In terms of how much they needed to overcome for their career)…
Yoseob: For me too, that year is the one that I remember the most~. We released 4 albums in Korea, we were the group that appeared the most during music shows during that one year right? It also feels like on stage we were twinkling rising stars… That’s why even now I think back on those times. The shiny/twinkling sides… (laughs).
Hyunseung: For me… Um~ I think it would be this year. GOOD LUCK promotions had a huge significance. Back then, there were parts that were lacking and it would be great if we were able to work on those parts – but no matter how hard we worked on it, those parts would be there. But this time round, we were able to make a stage we were satisfied with, and we were able to show a new side of BEAST.
Dongwoon: It’s the very same for me too! Because we were able to make a stage in which we were able to express everything we wanted to, we took more time than usual and the six of us prepared for it. To be honest, we were confident of it (laughs). We were also able to fully concentrate on it… The Japanese fans too really liked it so it seems like we were able to get much more love due to that so I’m happy.
Junhyung: That’s right~. GOOD LUCK promotions were definitely special. We went back to have the same heat we had when BEAST first started, so we felt that passion. Should I say the six of us were looking forward more and more…

CC: Were you nervous before the release?
Junhyung: As a producer, you’ll definitely feel some pressure to some extent before the song is released. How would the response be, how would people accept the song. I definitely was nervous a little.
Dongwoon: I wasn’t nervous but I was worried? Rather than being worried about the work of the new song, it was more on the fact if we’ve all grown in our own aspect from the previous album… I was concerned about that.
Yoseob: I want to sing because of all the fans who would listen! I want to be a singer that everyone would think of naturally, one that would receive love from everyone.
Junhyung: Of course not just for Korea but for Japanese fans too, I think we need to work even harder. I think us being able to come to Japan and have an interview like this is because of the fans. Without a doubt, having people support us is our drive.
Kikwang: Also to be honest, we want to be acknowledged as artists in Japan too. But we’re not able to come often so I’m worried that fans would forget us.
Yoseob: I think the reason we’re able to sing live at a huge venue is because fans believe in us and support us.
Dongwoon: From the time we debuted in Japan till now, I haven’t been able to speak Japanese properly so I’m truly sorry. That’s why I’ve been diligently learning and lately on SNS, I’ve been able to read Japanese too! Although Hanja is difficult and I still haven’t been able to read that (embarrassed).
Yoseob: Dongwoonie’s skills in Japanese really increased! Today too, he’s the only one replying in Japanese… I’m a little envious!
Hyunseung: I don’t even know the simple words but I would like to sincerely (be able to) express ‘arigatou’ (thank you).


CC: Now ‘I’m in BEAST’ and ‘I want to continue being in BEAST’. What is the biggest reason in your strongly wanting to do that?
Yoseob: Because I want to sing for a long time. With these six people. Lately I realised this again; Although I’m able to do solo promotions, it is only because I am in BEAST; it’s possible because of that!
Doojoon: That’s right! That’s right! Although everyone has solo promotions, being able  to do things we like with our colleagues who have the same heart as us, it is really a happy thing, it is really a special job/work♪

CC: What kind of BEAST would you like to be in the future?
Kikwang: I think 5 years from now too, without changing, we’ll still have meetings on what kind of song we should release (laughs)!
Yoseob: Preparing for a new album… Like that, in the future too, we six would like to continue doing music
Dongwoon: Even if I’m born again, I’d like to be BEAST with us these six people♥ Honestly, I’m happy right now!
Yoseob: You speak well! I’m of the same mind (laughs)!
Doojoon: For our fans, we should work hard!
Hyunseung: Yup! Everyone, I love you~♥

Doojoon
The things we’ve been doing up till now, in the future too without changing, we will do them till the end. I think that’s something BEAST needs moving forward.

Hyunseung
As a group, what would be better, what would make us grow. I think it’s important to always have that mindset. That is the key to growth.

Junhyung
It’s important to have passion in everything you do and what drives you to do it. To have growth in different aspects, if the passion doesn’t form, it cannot happen.

Yoseob
Whenever you make a choice, you need to be careful, and at the same time take responsibility for it till the end. Right now is the age to do that.

Kikwang
It’s important for each of our ability to increase, but it’s also important for that to be able to save BEAST’s promotions/activities. As we grow, I want to keep being a part of BEAST.

Dongwoon
I think if we do not change what we think of music as we have done up till now, if we don’t forget to always be thankful to our fans, if we always have our passion with us, I think we’re able to continuously grow.




Kikwang
Like the place we’re filming at today, I think it’ll be nice to have a date at the riverside.

Dongwoon
The first date to be at a pretty nice restaurant♥

Doojoon
If our eyes met three time, I could think that we like each other

Yoseob
Lately I’m attracted to women who suits skirts

Hyunseung
I think a lady looks good wearing simple outfits

Junhyung
It would be great if I could tell the lady I like not to wear scanty outfits (shy)

cr: @yongjunna, @KongKongXD and @a8sun

No comments:

Post a Comment