Thursday, April 16, 2015

[INTERVIEW] ANAN October issue (part 1)


(The situation) Now exists because we went through the hardship of staying in a dorm together.

─Right now Hyunseung and Dongwoon are staying with their families while the other 4 are living independently; comparing now to the times when you were dorming together, what are the pros (to living on your own)?
Hyunseung: I am able to rest at my own pace. I sleep well.
Junhyung: I am able to change the interior to my liking and I have freedom to create a space that’s mine alone. But now, thinking back of the time when us six were squashed shoulder to shoulder in one room, it was enjoyable.
Yoseob: During our trainee days, in one room there were three bunk beds so it was extremely small. Whenever we ordered jjajangmyun, we would eat it on the bed…
Junhyung: Everyone lied down in the same direction but only Kikwangie would be in the opposite direction. Every morning when I wake up, his legs would be in front of my eyes.
Kikwang: It’s because I wanted to kiss Junhyungie’s feet (laughs).
Junhyung: A nice smell comes out of my feet and you can sleep well cause of it right?
Kikwang: Yeah, a nice smell (laughs). To be honest, if everyone was lying down in the same direction, we wouldn’t have been able to sleep.
Yoseob: Dongwoonie’s sleep talking is severe.
Junhyung: Dongwoonie would start sleep talking when he’s asleep so everyone knows when he falls asleep. But he jerks/moves his body and that’s scary (laughs).
Yoseob: He kicks the wall in his sleep (laughs).
Junhyung: Dongwoonie, when you were rooming with Yoseobie, you were complaining about this and that right?
Dongwoon: Hold up! No! I really liked it!!
Yoseob: Looking at it, it feels like there was a wall I couldn’t see in that room, a feeling like there was another room within that room (laughs).
Dongwoon: However, when I use the computer at night, Yoseobie hyung…
Doojoon: (imitates Yoseob)”Go to bed quickly!”
Yoseob: The gaming screen is blinding. But I have no idea where he found it, but he had a huge box and blocked the light from escaping.
Hyunseung: Dongwoonie pounds across the hallway at night too but he’s the best magnae.
Doojoon: Although we had difficult times while dorming, isn’t it because of those times that we are able to be how we are now? Us altogether nosily talking about it could be something trivial but I’m happy.
Hyunseung: Yup, it’s definitely that way.
Junhyung: Although it wouldn’t work out if we went back to that again (laughs).

Facts of living alone. Marrying late!?

─Please tell us about your room (or house).
Hyunseung: The room that I have in the home I live in with my family is a comfortable one. It’s ordinary. In my room, I surf the web and I play games.
Dongwoon: I stay with my family too and my room is grey toned. In it, my pastel toned photo frames and Bearbricks are the point (of the room).  At the veranda, I put things like cactus, giving it a botanical garden feel.
Doojoon: You call that a botanical garden!? You only have 2~3 pots.
Dongwoon: The fans gave me presents so putting them together it looks like a garden.
Junhyung: The red sofa is the point in my house. At first it was a beige sofa but spilled things on it would leave marks so I went with a darker color. Going with a darker color, if I chose black it would feel heavy. It is a house I live in alone so I treated myself to a red sofa.
Yoseob: That sofa is comfortable.
Junhyung: But actually, my mom scolded me asking why I chose a red one. To my mom, a sofa that isn’t beige won’t do, she’s the type of person who thinks that if the sofa isn’t beige, it isn’t considered a sofa (laughs).
Doojoon: I have 5 computers at home for gaming and there’s a sandbag too for exercising.
Junhyung: There’s a tape on it since the sandbag is torn (laughs).
Yoseob: My pet Yanggaengie is the focus of my house so I’m not really sure who is the owner of the house…

─Junhyung raises a puppy too right. In Japan, if someone who lives alone raises a pet, he/she will marry late.
Junhyung: I don’t know if it’s that way in Korea too but when you raise a pet, you definitely get less lonely. You could probably feel that there is no need to get married. You clear its litter, you give it food, wash/shower it. Looking at how much attention is given to it, there’s probably lesser time to have a relationship with a woman.
Yoseob: There’s nothing that can be done when you miss out on the suitable age to get married. Since marriage isn’t something that turns out just as what you expect it to be.
Junhyung: That is right.

─The messiest room?
Yoseob: Mine! I’ve been busy so things are slowly piling up. I should spring cleaning sometime.
Doojoon: Kikwangie’s has nothing, it’s like a model house/showroom.
Yoseob: You room is fairly clean too but it’s because you’re just like Kikwangie – with very little things (laughs).
Doojoon: I clean up diligently!
Yoseob: Really? (laughs) The person who decorates his room best is probably Junhyung. If Kikwangie clears and arranges his stuff, it’ll look good too.
Kikwang: Right after I moved, I got hurt so my things have been like that. I’ll start putting my room together now!

What song will you let BEAUTY listen to in your room!

─If you invited BEAUTY to your room, which BEAST song would you let her/him listen to?
Junhyung: History, that Kikwang wrote thinking about the atmosphere of lovers spending time together in a room. I can’t really understand the lyrics, I would like to try it so I can understand the feeling.
Kikwang: Then for me too, ‘Histery’!
Hyunseung: You got the title wrong (laughs). It’s your own song.
Kikwang: It is ‘History’ mixed with ‘Mystery’…
Doojoon: For me, a song that hasn’t been released. A song that Junhyungie has completed, a demo song that only the members know of. Isn’t that refreshing?
Junhyung: That is a leak (laughs).
Doojoon: It’s fine listening from my phone isn’t it.
Yoseob: For me, Junhyung’s solo song ‘Slow’. I think it’s a song you listen to in a composed atmosphere.
Dongwoon: I don’t like people in my roo… I don’t like anyone entering my room so I lock it.
Hyunseung: Aren’t you all forgetting a song that you’d like BEAUTY to listen to?
All: Huh!?
Hyunseung: ‘What About You?’. You should introduce our song to the Japanese BEAUTY.
All: Oh~!! We definitely want you to listen to it.

─In the future. what kind of house/room would you like to live in?
Hyunseung: I want to live in a house by the sea, like the one that came out in the ‘Full House’ drama.
Doojoon: Right now I’m living in my dream house so I’m satisfied with this!
Yoseob: I would like a house with a garden at the front and at the back where Yanggaengie can play around. Right now, more than myself, it would be nice if Yanggaengie had a house. Ah, will I be marrying late because I’m having these thoughts (laughs).
Dongwoon: I hear that in Florida you can get a house with a swimming pool for USD1200 a month. If that’s true, I want to move around many places like that.
Kikwang: The place I want to live in would have a swimming pool, I could play soccer, basketball and tennis in it, I could see the sea or the river, it would be bright and well-ventilated and I could get into the tub while watching a huge TV…
Dongwoon: You could achieve that dream with USD1200 in Florida (laughs).
Junhyung: I would like to live in the house Kikwangie described but the house needs to have value. Buy it cheap but sell it at an expensive price! Like that.
Doojoon: Is it an investment (laughs).
Kikwang: If I live with the person I love, I don’t want to live in the city; I want to live a laid-back life in the quiet suburbs.
Junhyung: I’m definitely like that too when I think of being married. Till that happens, right now is enjoyable!

cr: @yongjunna, @KongKongXD and @makky_B2ST_tw

No comments:

Post a Comment